Changes due to covid-19
We are open
The sports centre is back open 7 days a week.
Alot of activities are back with measures in place however some groups have not returned as yet.
Please check with the organiser of your activity to see if it is back up and running and the measures that are in place for safety.
Paties are still off the programme for the forseeable but will be assessed on a monthly basis.
Some general measures throughout the centre
- Changing rooms are available but we still advise everyone who can to arrive dressed to exercise
- All touched areas are treated with Zoono surface shield which gives 30 days protection against Covid-19
- Handsanitser is available the entrance to all facilities
- Doors and window where possible will be wedged open
- Water fountain bubbler is switched off but bottles can still be filled via the automatic hands free filler
- Vending machines are currently not in use
We look forward to seeing you back and appreciate your support at this time.
The latest guidance for local measures in the North East (From 00.01 Friday 18th September) means we will not be able to offer the following:
– Casual badminton courts for people who are not in the same household or support bubble
– 3g hire for anyone who is not part of a club and not in the same household or support bubble
We are in the process of getting in touch with any bookings affected by this and hope to be able to welcome you back soon.
All sessions ran by clubs/organisations, all swimming lessons, yoga and the fitness suite are unaffected.
The sports centre and all clubs are working hard to adhere to guidelines set out by governing bodies to maintain a safe environment.
All of our facilities are available to hire for regular weekly bookings, one off bookings and large events.
Sign up to latest news and events and stay up to date